In the January 2002 issue of Communist Voice:
Imperialism in light of the Afghan war, anti-imperialist agitation,
Trotskyism stumbles on supposed anti-imperialism of the Taliban,
US as #1 terrorist, postal workers and anthrax,
and pages from the history of Afghanistan
The twenty-eighth issue of CV, vol. 8 #1 (January 9, 2002, 56 pages) contains the following
IMPERIALISM in light of the Afghan war (77K), by Joseph Green
THE US = #1 terrorist (25K), by Pete Brown
ANTHRAX: Postal management's handling of anthrax shows callous disregard for
workers (20K), by a Detroit postal worker
About the Bordentown Anti-War Group: (19K)
- Statement of purpose
- Down with terrorism! Down with imperialism! BAWG statement of October 2001
- Report on Oct. 27 anti-war demo in New York City
- Sept. 29 anti-war protest in Washington, D.C.
About the Seattle Anti-Imperialist Alliance: (52K)
- Continuing to demonstrate when the reformists quit, by Frank, Seattle
- An anti-war demonstration in Portland
- The 'war on terror' -- an imperialist nightmare (SAIA leaflet, Dec. 16)
- Denounce Bush's campaign of terror against Afghanistan! (Seattle CVO, Oct. 16)
- Bush's warmongering betrays memory of Sept. 11 victims! (Seattle CVO, Sept. 18)
Detroit Workers' Voice #28, Oct. 3: (25K)
- No to Bush's war of revenge!
- Facts about Bush's supposed 'war on terrorism'
THE SOCIALIST DEBATE ON THE TALIBAN --
Trotskyism slips on the supposed anti-imperialism of the Taliban: (53K)
- Introduction by Joseph Green
- Sectarian propagandism by Bob Pitt (who, in the name of anti-imperialism, opposes
denouncing both sides in the US-Taliban war )
- Neither Taliban nor imperialism by Ian Donovan
PAGES FROM THE HISTORY OF AFGHANISTAN:
king, failure of the pro-Soviet regime, CIA dirty war, and Taliban (105K)
- Background notes on the situation in Afghanistan (based on Workers' Advocate Supplement,
- From the Soviet withdrawal to Taliban rule, by Mark, Detroit
- 1988: Who are Reagan's 'freedom fighters' in Afghanistan? (Workers' Advocate, May 1988)
- 1988: The U.S.-USSR Afghan accords: a cynical deal that fuels more bloodshed (Workers'
Advocate, May 1988)
- 1985: Self-determination for Afghanistan! Caught between Soviet occupation and a CIA dirty
war ((Workers' Advocate, Feb. 1985)
Back to main page, write us!
Last changed on June 25, 2002.
e-mail: mail@communistvoice. org