The thirty-first issue of CV, vol. 9 #1 (May 20, 2003, 46 pages) contains the following articles:
US IMPERIALISM, GET OUT OF IRAQ!
* US imperialism, get out of Iraq!/For the organization of the Iraqi working masses!
This article deals with the struggle against the occupation, and its relation to the internal struggle of classes and trends in Iraq, by Joseph Green (51K)
* Anti-war slogans in light of the outcome of the war
which deals with the questions of the fight on two fronts (against both foreign imperialism and local tyranny), the question of the UN, and the fiasco of "military but not political support" for the Hussein regime, by Joseph Green (26K)
CVO AGITATION AGAINST THE WAR
* Down with the imperialist war on Iraq! (Detroit Workers' Voice, April 4, 20K)
* Demonstrate April 12: US imperialism, get out of Iraq! (Seattle Communist Study Group, 17K)
* No to Bush's imperialist war and Hussein's tyranny (DWV, March 3, 20K)
* Anti-imperialism and the anti-war movement (DWV, Jan. 10, 20K)
UNIONS AND THE WAR
* Is a union `anti-war' if the members don't know it?/On U.S. Labor Against the War (USLAW). This article deals with the question of how to build an anti-war trend among the workers, and the result of USLAW's attempt to conciliate the pro-imperialist leadership of the AFL-CIO, by Mark, Detroit (32K)
* Resolutions about the war from USLAW and the AFL-CIO.
This includes the text of various resolutions criticized in the article on USLAW. (18K)
WHO IS CALLING FOR THE DRAFT?
* Liberal Congressman John Conyers calls for resumption of the imperialist draft
deals with Conyers switch from calling in April 2001 for eliminating the final remnants of the Selective Service System to his present call for a system of universal national service, by Tim Hall (25K)
* Trotskyist LRP opposes draft resistance denounces the LRP for supporting the
reintroduction of the draft, by Tim Hall (17K)
AGAINST ZIONISM AND ANTI-SEMITISM
* Does the tail wag the dog?/Israel and imperialism opposes the view that the US government only engages in imperialist war in the Middle East and backs Israel because Israel controls US politics. It opposes both zionism and anti-semitism, and shows the real relationship between Israel and imperialism. By Pete Brown (16K)
* How imperialism fostered zionism traces the historical relationship between the zionist
project and imperialism, by Pete Brown (38K)
CORRESPONDENCE (TWO POEMS)
* The world isn't mine and Unconquerable (6K)
by Sreeman Mishu Barua, a Bangladeshi atheist.
Last changed on August 24, 2003.
e-mail: mail@communistvoice. org